7.26.2010

Love is a Verb

{Follow my blog with bloglovin}

Whether you believe in God, Allah, or Conan O'Brien I think we can all agree that this verse from the Bible speaks universal truth.

John 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

It's all well and good to say the words, "I love you," but Love is a Verb. To express love, you must behave lovingly.

{via}
In addition to saying "I love you," try:
  • Having sex with your husband -- and often. This can be the single most unifying action if you allow it to be.
  • Holding your husbands hand, touching his back, or putting your arm around him.
  • Take responsibility for your commitments and obligations. If you are in charge of homemaking, make him feel loved and appreciated by having a warm meal ready for him. Do his laundry. Vacuum.
  • Never belittle your husband, in others presence or in private. In fact, take it a step farther. Praise him.
These are clearly a sampling of ideas. Be creative. Take time to think of ways to show love and make a plan to execute your ideas. What will work for you? A rockin' hot marriage requires thought, energy, and planning.

Now go do.

Have you noticed improvement in your marriage by making love a verb?

16 comments:

  1. I will agree with most everything, except having the warm meal ready. I am not June Cleaver.

    Thanks for stopping by my little ol blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, that's hilarious. And yes, of course, we all have different jobs and roles we play in our families. I suppose the idea is to take your job and do it well, whatever it may be. Thank you for your comment :)

    xoxo,
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that while my husband and I have a strong marriage there is always room to push it a little bit further. Maybe I'll surprise him tonight just to show him how much he means to me. Great entry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this! Made me think about what my actions lately have been saying. I'm not completely sure, but I will be more conscious of it in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it.. I'm not married- but my boyfriend LOVES it when he feels like I'm taking care of him, and he loves it when I hold his arm. It's the simple things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy this post because I think that this could be reversed as well. I actually think that women by nature tend to be more apt to do such things as those mentioned. Sometimes the boys need to be reminded to do the little things for US that make love a verb as well.

    On a side note, I've become such fan of your blog! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This such an awesome blog, my new favorite I think :-)

    I just got married so I need all the tips I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMEM AMEN!!

    I left something on my blog for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post! To add to the list: besides not belittling HIM don't belittle yourself! There's nothing more unsexy to a guy when he hears "I'm FAaaat" one hundred times a day.


    bahahahahahhaha! Conan O'Brien. You crack me up
    ps. I designed my little ol blog thanks for the love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Guy here!! Thanks for posting this Gwen. As a male who's first two love languages are physical touch and words of affirmation, I cannot stress how important this is to hear it and to actually experience it. Nothing makes me feel like I can take on the world more than when I truly feel like my wife is my cheerleader, and we are connected sexually. (I once heard someone call it the "naked cheerleader syndrome" because all men want a good physical relationship with their wives, and we always want t cheerleader backing us up in what we do)
    Thanks for what you do, and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These really are great tips, that any husband would appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is all so true, actions do speak louder than words. there is so much good advice in the bible about love that we could write a whole book just on that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad I found your blog today. I've totally lost my sexy wife appeal... never thought that would happen. But it's not really my fault. This last year I've been battling cancer, and now that I'm in remission I'm trying to figure out how to feel good about myself again, with my inch long hair and 25 extra lbs on my body from chemo. I've always had a little pride in feeling like I had this whole "sexy wife" thing under control, but not anymore. Hopefully I'll get some good ideas here, I could use them! My poor husband deserves it too for taking such good care of a really sick wife!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I couldn't agree more with all that this post says. I would love to link to this post.
    Loving your blog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails