7.12.2010

Love Story -- Newlywed Next Door

Enjoy a Love Story from Newlyweds Next Door:

Sometimes I wish I had some elaborate engagement story that caused girls around the world to swoon and sigh, but then I remember the night I got engaged and I know that wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

In fact, in just a couple of weeks it will be 3 years since the Mr. proposed to me.

Honestly, it feels like longer ago. So much has happened since then - wedding planning, buying a condo, wedding, honeymoon, and millions of small (and large) moments and milestones as a married couple.

The date was 07/07/07 - and for me, it really was the luckiest day of my life.

The Mr. took me out to celebrate my 24th birthday (which was actually 7/6/07) at this amazing restaurant near where I lived in Manhattan Beach called Bora Bora (sadly that restaurants has since closed).

We shared an amazing dinner of ceviche, crab-stuffed fillet mignon, and wine. Sadly we didn't take any pictures, but it was such a fun dinner.

After dinner, the sun was setting and the Mr. suggested that they take a walk on the beach in the sweet light. At that point I knew something might be up, so I agreed easily.

While we were walking along picturesque Manhattan Beach at dusk, the Mr. suddenly dropped to one knee and asked, "will you marry me?"

I replied, "OF COURSE!"

We kissed and hugged and I cried. It was perfect – sweet, secluded, and very "us."

Then suddenly in the distance, near Santa Monica, fireworks started going off. We joked that they were for us and stayed on the beach until it was totally dark.

After the proposal I asked the Mr. a million questions and found out that he'd talked to my Dad already (which made me cry) and that he had been in possession of the custom-designed engagement ring that he handled 100% on his own for almost a month.


**Do you have a Love Story worth sharing? Email me at gwenisinlove {at} gmail {dot} com

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful story, just love it to see young couples in love.
    Thanks for sharing, I loved reading it.
    We got engaged in a small airplane while on a pleasure flight. (even though I do not enjoy flying to put it mildly)
    Not one word was said, because there were other people (strangers) in the plane and we didnt want them to know. she just nodded her head and gave me a sweet smile when I gave her the ring. We only kissed afterward...hehe...

    Best wishes for the future, hope to see you visit my site and meet my lovely wife.
    Colin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a) I love that you refer to him as the Mr.
    b) It's not necessarily a love story, but I think it's ironic that my boyfriend and I never once spoke during high school and through an unlikely spin of events, started dating two years after graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww thanks for sharing my love story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful story! It does make me swoon and sigh, just lovely!

    www.meg-land.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails