8.02.2010

Love Story -- The Crowley Party

Enjoy a Love Story by the darling Alycia of The Crowley Party:

I had just transferred to a new University and knew absolutely no one. I decided to go walk around the campus and city to get familiar before my first day of school. When I was ready to go back to my apartment, I couldn't remember how to get there. Thankfully there was a guy in the parking lot that saw I was confused and gave me the directions I needed to get back home.
While walking around campus I saw that there was going to be a big beginning of the school year BBQ the next day. I decided that since I knew no one, this would be a good opportunity to meet some people and get more comfortable in a new place. So I went.

When I arrived at the BBQ the first thing I did was get in line for some water. It was a really hot evening and the line was very long, and I was at the end of it.

The guy standing in front of me went to get some water and it was all gone. I may have groaned a tad after waiting in that line for over 20 minutes or maybe he was just being a gentleman but he turned around and told me he knew where some more water was and he would be happy to go get me some. I of course thanked him, and that was that.


While walking around trying to talk to complete strangers, I see this guy running towards me. It was the guy who had helped with the directions. Unfortunately this guy became a leech. Seriously… glued to my hip the whole night while I am trying to meet new people and he was laying it on thick! He was trying to hold my hand and kiss me on my cheek!

I couldn’t take it anymore it was so awkward and he was ruining my night, when out of the corner of my eye I noticed the guy who had got me my water. He was digging through a cooler of ice cream bars. I turned to the “leech” and told him that I saw someone I knew and ran over to the “water guy.” Quickly I told him he needed to pretend to know me, maybe put his arm around me because I couldn’t get this other guy to stop leaving me alone. He was very happy to oblige.

FINALLY the leech started to walk away and give up. I gave a sigh of relief and thanked the water guy and started to walk away when he stopped me and asked me for my phone number. I remember thinking… “Really? I just tried getting away from this other dude and now you?” But he was sweet and cute, and he had helped me out big time, so I gave him my number.
He texted me that night asking me to go on a date… I kind of avoided his offers at first but then decided what the heck?!

Boy… am I happy I decided to go! After our first date I couldn’t believe I had tried blowing this guy off! After our first date we were pretty much inseparable! (I should really thank the leech for me meeting my husband.)

When he proposed to me nine months later I made the comment about how we are going to spend the rest of our lives together. Which Trevor quickly replied to that and said, "Ya, and we are going to have so much fun!" That has kind of developed into a motto. We think life should be a party, hence our Crowley Party!

Slice of Advice: Don't just say "I Love You." Tell them why you love them. Don't get so caught up in your life that you forget that you need to show that other person that you love them everyday even if it is just small and simple things to make their life easier. Put the other person and their feelings first.

13 comments:

  1. Awh <3 I loved your story!! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a sweet story...awww:) Love it so much:)

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet story! you never know when you're going to meet someone :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this story! How sweet is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for letting me be apart of your "Love Stories" I LOVE your blog, so it was a treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your story, thanks for sharing! I always enjoy reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww how cute, i Love your blog, i'll be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a sweet story! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet :-) "The Leech" made me laugh ;-)

    I follow them on Blogger, such a cute and fun couple!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another favorite couple of mine...too cute!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails