9.02.2010

Love Story -- Whooo Oughta Know


I love Kari, author of Whooo Oughta Know. She is my bff and she doesn't even know it. We became friends when I read her perfect letter to The Economy. She has a fabulous all-American Love Story and I hope you love it :)


Seven years ago, I was sixteen years old.

Nathan and I fell in love very quickly. It all happened within a matter of months. Each day built upon the previous: flirting --> dating --> kissing. We spent a lot of time together and grew closer and closer each day.
One springtime day after school on May 12th, 2003, we decided to take my little sister (who was 4 at the time!) for a walk. We all held hands with Andrea in the middle, and we walked down the street to Triangle Park. The sun warmed our skin in that subtle spring sort of way, and we kicked pebbles as we walked. It wasn't just spring that made us all twitter-pated, but that season sure does have a way of setting the mood. After a while at the park, we headed back to my house. We sat underneath my loft-bed, talking and laughing. We were quoting movies when one of us said, "FOR-EV-ER!"

"What movie is that from?" we asked each other.

Neither of us could remember. We sat there, our minds racing, trying to remember where that quote came from. Of course, we had to make it a competition. Whoever could remember the movie first would be the winner.

"The Sandlot!" I finally shouted.
"Ohhhh, yeah! That's what it is!"
"So, what do I win?"
"Well, what do you want?"
"I think you know what I want."
"A new bicycle?"
"Nope."
"A pony?"
"Nope."
{these silly questions continued for quite some time UNTIL...}
"Do you want to be my girlfriend?"
"Yes."

And then he kissed me for the first time--well, it was our first real kiss to be more exact. It was official. We were boyfriend and girlfriend. I felt so giddy and excited, but mostly, I felt in love. I knew I had said "yes" to something special. I knew that day--that May 12th 7 years ago--wasn't just any ordinary day. I could just feel it.


Our relationship started with "FOR-EV-ER," and it will continue with FOREVER.


Ahhh! Isn't it so cute?! This is why you are married girls. Do you have a Love Story of your own that you think may be a worthy feature? Send it my way. gwenisinlove {at} gmail {dot} com

10 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails