11.09.2010

Love Story -- Denise's Pieces

Enjoy a Love Story from Denise of Denise's Pieces:

Our story started the first day Stuart saw me in our college cafeteria. It was my first time ever eating in the cafeteria as a Freshman. I didn't know anyone and I was sitting with a girl whose name I barely knew. He confidently strolled across the cafeteria, I could see him out of the corner of my eye, and asked me out. I had a boyfriend at the time, so I declined, but still offered up my phone number. He declined. A year and a half later, we had a Sociology class together and gradually became friends.

I remember the first time my group of girl-friends hung out with him. They thought he was absolutely nuts! His goofy humor definitely is part of who he is and not everybody gets it at first, but it grows on you that's for sure. The boy can always make me laugh, always.

Stuart and I were friends (and strictly friends, mind you, for over a year) .. and over time, we became the best of friends. We would take study breaks together and complain about our classes. We would grab dinner together and go to the nearby playground to swing on the swings. We talked about our families and discussed our opinions about the world. His admiration towards me only grew in time.... and unknowingly mine did as well.

I was hesitant about dating and didn't want to date anyone - especially someone I had become such good friends with. But in the Fall of 2006, I took that risk and we shared our first kiss. However, by Christmas I was having second guesses. I had to be honest with him and we stopped talking for a period of time.

I whizzed off to Europe for a few weeks for a class. While I was touring Europe, Stuart was all I could think about. I missed his companionship and our jokes. I really missed HIM. When I came back to the States, he didn't want to see me right away, and rightfully so. But eventually (and luckily) he did. That's when I confessed my feelings for him. At that point, I knew I didn't want to go another day without him in my life.


A few more months passed and on March 10, 2007, I asked him to be my boy-friend. Yup, I asked him to be mine. (Boy-friend sounds so silly now when I say it). And ever since, we've been inseparable.

We celebrated our first year of marriage together last Sunday. Lots of people tell you the first year is the hardest, but they're wrong. It was the best year of my life!

Do you have a Love Story you think is worthy of a feature? Send submissions to gwenisinlove {at} gmail dot com

5 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks for sharing your love story. My love story with my hubby is a little complicated, but maybe one day i will tell it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting our love story! It was an honor to be featured on your awesome blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great love story...love reading these, Gwen!!!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails