80-85% of women are wearing the wrong bra size!
Are you one of them?
Signs your bra doesn't fit:
- You "pop out" the top of your bra. Your breasts are spilling over the cup. Put on a tight tshirt and test it out. Does your breast look round or is it lumpy spilling out of the top of your bra?
- Your bra puckers and wrinkles in the cups. You can grab a section of your bra and not have any breast in there. Or you bend over and your bra is falling out of your bra.
- Your bra band rides up your back throughout the day. You shouldn't have to readjust and pull it down.
- The under wire isn't flat against your ribs or skin. Even in the middle between your breasts, it should lay flat.
- It's digging into your shoulders or back and causing the look of major back or shoulder fat.
Discovering your bra size
- Using a soft tape measure, measure around your rib cage just below your breasts. Add 4 inches and round up to the nearest even number.
- Using a soft tape measure, measure around the largest part of your breasts over the nipples.
- Subtract the difference between this number and your band measurement.Then find the match: A=1", B=2", C=3", D=4" etc.
For example, if you measure a 27" around your ribs then your band size is likely a 32. If your breast size is is 36" then you'd be a 32D.
Wearing the right size bra adds so much confidence. Plus, it can make you look like you've lost weight (10-20lbs for some!). There are certain styles, fabrics and types of bras that are suggested depending on your size and body type. Go meet with a professional for some suggestions or check out The Lingerie Handbook for some tips.